Being a life coach is a fulfilling way to make money doing what you love, while making a difference! But, what most life coaches don’t realize when they get into it is that life coaching is a BUSINESS, not a job.
The truth is that most life coaches are not successful. Even when they find the perfect niche and master the art of getting clients, they can only reach a certain level of income, because they are meeting one-on-one with clients. There is only so much time in a day, some of which is spent on marketing and other business-related-stuff.
Once a coach fills their schedule with clients, they reach the ceiling of their growth and income. Their only option is to raise their rates, but this isn’t always easy or even appropriate, in some cases.
The good news is that there is a way to serve more people and increase revenue at the same time. And that is, offering group coaching programs. Think about it, much of what you do with each client is exactly the same. If you say the same thing 10 times to 10 different people, why not say it to all of them at once? If you develop a program out of your coaching process, you can walk a group of people through the same coaching activities and steps, together.
By creating a group coaching program you can:
- Reach more people in less time
- Offer an easy-to-sell low-cost option
- Upsell your favoriteparticipants to one-on-one coaching
- Create a more predictable schedule and income
- Increase your per-hour revenue ($50 x 10 is greater than $150 x 1!)
Thousands of life coaches have used the group coaching model to increase their revenue while working less hours, and you can do the same.
Turn the process you use with your clients into a complete group coaching curriculum. Structure your offer, set your price, and create marketing campaigns that fill your groups.
A group-coaching program gives potential new clients a way to get to know you—and your coaching style—without a huge investment. And it gives you the opportunity to move those clients into higher end programs, such as your one-on-one coaching, a VIP day, or an exclusive mastermind retreat.
So not only can you server a larger audience, but you can fill your available high-end coaching slots with action taking clients who already know and love you, and who you know will find success.
Things to think about when designing a group program include:
- What will the focus or process be?
- What results will the program offer participants?
- What format will you use?
- How will you organize your content?
- What downloadables, supplementary materials, and bonuses will you provide?
- Will you have a private Facebook group to provide more support?
- Will you offer live Q & As?
- How will you launch your program?
All these moving parts need to be addressed and coordinated to have a successful group program.
Offering life coaching groups is a fun and rewarding way to diversify your income, create a thriving life coaching business, and increase your impact!